“The Mandolin Case” radio clip

        I thought you guys might enjoy this Chattanooga Public Radio clip. My agent and the Publisher set it to a slide show, so it was kinda fun. Hope you enjoy. Here’s my number one feedback question. If you were not familiar with bluegrass music would this make you want to know more about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EocAqg-0eMY

Dr. B

About these ads
Explore posts in the same categories: memorable gigs, Writing

Tags:

You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.

6 Comments on ““The Mandolin Case” radio clip”

  1. Ron Tyrie Says:

    Dr. B. I enjoyed the interview – kinda reminded me of sitting under the shade tree chewing the fat. To answer your question, I would think reading the book or hearing the interview would at least make folks curious to check out the genre. Talking about the chapter titles and other references to BG song titles may lead to at least checking it out. In the youtube page you (or Lantz) can add keywords that would allow a clic to hear Cherokee Shuffle etc. This would allow the instant gratification our world has become accustomed to.
    People at work sometimes ask me about the music (not sure if it’s the Flatt and Scruggs poster on the wall or the banjo in the corner of my office?). I try to steer them to an artist and songs that give them something to connect to, be it high lonesome sound or rich harmonies.

    Best wishes to you and your family.
    Ron

  2. drtombibey Says:

    Ron,

    Yeah, about 80% of my Doc life was spent just yakking with people. The other 20% was pure terror.

    I hope my book will sneak up on folks in such a way they end up liking traditional music but aren’t sure how it happened.

    Dr. B


  3. I think it would definitely make me want to know more about it. I loved the clip! And I love the way we can hear some music. Which is lovely, by the way. And it’s so exciting to finally actually hear your mandolin!!!

    • drtombibey Says:

      slightly,

      I need to put more mando clips on. Hey, when I mentioned I had readers in Israel I thought of you. If someone from so far away is gonna read my work, I’m not gonna forget ‘em.

      Dr. B


      • I just came back because I forgot to say how cool it was to hear you say that! I love your voice, Dr. B – this is the first time I’ve heard it! Isn’t it strange? I’ve known you through the internet for almost two years now, and I’ve been excited about your book for at least half that time, and I’ve now read it and it’s got a respectable place on my shelf, and just now, tonight, was the first time I heard your voice. I’m going back to New York in the winter, so if you happen to be on the East Coast in the new year, I’m determined to take you and Marfar up on your offer of a dinner out :D.

  4. drtombibey Says:

    Will do it kid- keep us posted on your whereabouts. You can always find us somewhere near the music.

    Dr. B


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 70 other followers

%d bloggers like this: